HOW PATTERNS WORK
A simple introduction to pattern making for fashion design,
written and published by Assembil Books
The perfect introduction to the core principles of garment construction, “How Patterns Work” simplifies and explains the relationship between pattern making and the body.
The book is available in a classic print version making it not only a studio staple, but also perfect for use by colleges and universities as an introductory textbook.
“How Patterns Work” is also easy to use on digital devices with specially developed editions for Kindle and iPad.
“How Patterns Work” is available from Amazon in a paperback edition. The print version of the book is over 500 pages in length with over 250 clear diagrams in crisp black and white.
Despite the large page count, “How Patterns Work” is easy to read and uncluttered, with a detailed table of contents for easy reference.
“How Patterns Work” is available from Amazon in a kindle edition. The kindle version has been specifically developed for the kindle format with 70,000 words of flowable text content and over 250 diagrams in crisp black and white.
Unlike other ebooks that are converted from print editions, these diagrams were developed from the beginning with the kindle in mind. The kindle version also features a fully linked table of contents for easy reference.
A version of “How Patterns Work” has been specifically formatted for Apple’s iBooks making use of the iPad’s retina display with high resolution diagrams and specially formatted text. A free sample is available to download through iBooks.
TEACHERS AND TUTORS
“How Patterns Work” was specifically designed to help introduce students to the complexity of pattern making through hands on exercises and simple explanations of common pattern terms. Contact us so that we can help you to supply your students with “How Patterns Work” as an introductory textbook in your school, college or university.
crisp, clear greyscale diagrams
pages in the print edition
words of flowable, resizable text for Kindle
- Basket weave back detail using leather from Thakoon AW12 http://buff.ly/1euVEwj http://t.co/FD5VYMWdcM
- 9 Fashion Designers With Incredible Art Collections via @artnet http://buff.ly/1ArEhqe http://t.co/CF7uS5878u
- Clever use of striped fabric woven at a diagonal by Nina Ricci http://buff.ly/1Q0JKWw http://t.co/nllq54tUqK
- Buying a #sewing machine this weekend? Our website can help you compare the features on popular models http://buff.ly/1Bfzjb1
- Clean front closure with oversized lapel, not sure of the designer... http://buff.ly/1LgMvSa http://t.co/p1c9rrBy2U